Our province has twenty Regional Economic Development Boards, one for each of the province’s economic zones. The federal and provincial governments have set five core functions for REDBs:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of a strategic economic plan in each zone supported by an integrated business plan.
- Develop a strong partnership with municipalities in each zone that incorporates the strategies and priorities of municipalities in the economic planning process.
- Develop partnerships in planning and implementation with Chambers of Commerce, Industry Associations, labour organizations, post secondary institutions, Canadian Business Development Corporations (CBDCs), and other zones that advance and support the economic and entrepreneurial environment of a zone.
- Undertake capacity building and provide support to stakeholders to strengthen the economic environment of the zone.
- Coordinate and facilitate linkages with federal /provincial /municipal government departments and agencies in support of the strategic economic plan.
Please click here for a complete listing of the zone boards and their contact information.
Newfoundland and Labrador Regional Economic Development Association
P.O. Box 23093 460 Torbay Road
St. John's, NL A1B 4J9
(P) 709 576-1002 (F) 709 576-1031
Chair: Harold Mullowney
Executive Director: Ted Lomond